[comp.unix.sysv386] X11R4

rrsum@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Rick Summerhill) (11/19/90)

Has anyone had experience installing Tom Roell's X11R4 for any cards other
than the ones listed in the default Xconfig.  For example, what are the
settings that should be used for an Orchid Prodesigner Plus (EX 3000 chip,
512 Kbytes memory) if one wants to use the display: 1024x768, 16 colors.

--
Rick Summerhill          	Phone:  (913)532-6311
CTA, Cardwell Hall       	FAX:    (913)532-5914

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) (11/21/90)

rrsum@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Rick Summerhill) writes:

>Has anyone had experience installing Tom Roell's X11R4 for any cards other
>than the ones listed in the default Xconfig.  For example, what are the
>settings that should be used for an Orchid Prodesigner Plus (EX 3000 chip,
>512 Kbytes memory) if one wants to use the display: 1024x768, 16 colors.

I don't believe the server supports less than 256 colors.

--
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim@cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim

bpp3560@isc.rit.edu (B.P. Pedranti ) (05/16/91)

         I have a question for all those X gods out there. I gust got a
copy of X11R4 binaries for 386Unixes. The docs says it is for VGA's
only, e.g. ET3000 or ET4000. I got the files from flop.inform*****
	Is it possible to run X on an EGA? It is 640x350x16. This is not
an 8bit mode, will this be a problem? Any hints or will I have to go
back to MSWindows.

						Brian Pedranti
						bpp3560@ultb.isc.rit.edu

church@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu (Vincent Church) (06/28/91)

Sometime soon I am going to try my luck at compiling X11R4 on
my 386.  It will be running SCO UNIX System V.  Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how to set up some of the config
files for X before I start.

Any "known pitfalls" or "Be sure to do this..." would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Vince Church
    church@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu