[comp.unix.msdos] looking for x|y|z-modem under sysV

mikem@hechcx.mkt.harris.com (Mike McCole) (10/05/90)

I'm looking for PD, bannerware, copyleft etc. unix compatible source for any
common pc file transfer protocol. I've heard of rzsz but haven't found it or
heard from anyone using it. X-modem, Y-modem, or Z-modem preffered but
anything that is reasonably efficient ( above 50% ) that will do binary
tranfers is OK.

		Thanks in advance, and I do read this group.

			    Mike McCole

terry@uts.amdahl.com (Lewis T. Flynn) (10/09/90)

In article <795@hrshcx.csd.harris.com> mikem@misg.csd.harris.com (Mike McCole) writes:
>I'm looking for PD, bannerware, copyleft etc. unix compatible source for any
>common pc file transfer protocol. I've heard of rzsz but haven't found it or
>heard from anyone using it. X-modem, Y-modem, or Z-modem preffered but
>anything that is reasonably efficient ( above 50% ) that will do binary
>tranfers is OK.

rzsz does [XYZ]-modem and is the original implementation of Z-modem (I
think). It is written by Chuck Forsberg (aka Omen Technology).  The
following is an excerpt from the README file:

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX Author of Pro-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix
...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf  Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
  17505-V Northwest Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231  Voice: 503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746 2400/1200  CIS:70007,2304  Genie:CAF  Source:TCE022
  omen Any ACU 1200 1-503-621-3746 se:--se: link ord: Giznoid in:--in: uucp
  omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic/FILES lists all uucp-able files, updated hourly

Terry