[comp.unix.msdos] Terminal immulation under dos for VPIX

gt2186a@prism.gatech.EDU (COBIA,FRANK NAYLOR) (01/21/91)

     A few weeks back I saw a post asking if there was a program that ran under
dos that would allow the function keys to work when logged into VPIX remotely.
I never saw a response. I would appreciate it if someone would post an answer,
if there is one.

--
COBIA,FRANK NAYLOR
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gt2186a

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (01/22/91)

gt2186a@prism.gatech.EDU (COBIA,FRANK NAYLOR) writes:

>     A few weeks back I saw a post asking if there was a program that ran under
>dos that would allow the function keys to work when logged into VPIX remotely.
>I never saw a response. I would appreciate it if someone would post an answer,
>if there is one.

well, there isn't. it's the other way around. the PC must emulate a
terminal, say a vt220, and vp/ix must be told what escape sequence
sent by the terminal should be what function key to the dos application.
you do this with mappings in /usr/vpix/term/vt220, that look like

*		from term			to app			comment

input:	\033-[-3-1-~		3F-BF			* F17 = F5

which maps the vt220's F17 to the DOS F5 key.
the '3F' and 'BF' are the scan codes produced by a pc keyboard.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: