[comp.unix.msdos] mouse not working with windows3 under VPIX

hjalmar@ikaros.fysik4.kth.se (Hjalmar Brismar) (01/30/91)

I am not able to get the microsoft serial (COM1) mouse to work with
windows3 under VPIX. Running windows the mouse is dead, but when i run other
programs that use the mouse ( such as orcad, ms-flightsimulator ) it works
just fine. To make windows3 run under VPIX I patched kernel.exe as mentioned
earlier in this newsgroup. I am using xenix 2.3.3 and VPIX 1.1 (?)
Anybody know what to do to make the mouse work ??????

nehmer@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Robert Nehmer) (01/31/91)

In article <HJALMAR.91Jan30141443@ikaros.fysik4.kth.se> hjalmar@ikaros.fysik4.kth.se (Hjalmar Brismar) writes:
>earlier in this newsgroup. I am using xenix 2.3.3 and VPIX 1.1 (?)
>Anybody know what to do to make the mouse work ??????

You might try invoking the mouse driver from the windows sub-
directory, rather than from the root or \mouse1. Windows is
funny about that and likes a copy of mouse.com that it can
control on its own. Hope thia helps.