[comp.unix.msdos] XWindow

court@rpi.edu (Court Demas) (04/16/91)

I'm new to this group, so if there's an FAQL I should be reading, tell me
nicely :)..

I'd like to get Xwindow running on my 386sx PC (5mb ram, plenty hd space),
and I was wondering what the cheapest way is.  Would you suggest Xenix?
I've heard of other unix-type implementations, but what can run X?  thanks..

court

usys@phoenix.uucp (Uwe C. Schroeder) (04/22/91)

In article <rgkgp!p@rpi.edu>, court@rpi.edu (Court Demas) writes:

> I'm new to this group, so if there's an FAQL I should be reading, tell me
> nicely :)..
>
> I'd like to get Xwindow running on my 386sx PC (5mb ram, plenty hd space),
> and I was wondering what the cheapest way is.  Would you suggest Xenix?
> I've heard of other unix-type implementations, but what can run X?  thanks..

I wouldn't suggest Xenix. Iam driving Interactive Unix with Roell's
X-Server and Iam satisfied with it. You will need about 28 Mb HD-space.
The speed of an 386sx is not impressing with X, but useable if you don't
start thousands of clients.

So long
	uwe

submitted by usys@phoenix.uucp  | I don't like getting into heavy petting,
Realname: Uwe C. Schroeder      | it only leads to trouble and seat wetting !!
Augsburg (Bavaria)