[comp.unix.misc] 3780 protocol

tonyg@meaddata.com (Tony Gast) (02/21/91)

Anybody know of any package that supports 3780 protocol?  Commercial or public,
whichever is fine.

Tony Gast						tonyg@meaddata.com
Mead Data Central					uunet!meaddata!tonyg

art@pilikia.pegasus.com (Art Neilson) (02/22/91)

In article <2953@meaddata.meaddata.com> tonyg@meaddata.com writes:
>Anybody know of any package that supports 3780 protocol?  Commercial or public,
>whichever is fine.

NCR has a BSC 2780/3780 product for their line of UNIX based boxes.
I prefer their SNA RJE V product over the BSC 2780/3780 product, however.
--
Arthur W. Neilson III		| INET: art@pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pegasus!pilikia!art

dag@fciva.FRANKCAP.COM (Daniel A. Graifer) (02/23/91)

In article <2953@meaddata.meaddata.com> tonyg@meaddata.com writes:
>Anybody know of any package that supports 3780 protocol?  Commercial or public,
>whichever is fine.
>
>Tony Gast						tonyg@meaddata.com
>Mead Data Central					uunet!meaddata!tonyg

Unfortunately, I'm at home, and the literature I have is at work.  There is
a company called Rabbit Software that makes Unix/IBM integration products
that are highly reputed.  I believe IBM used them for the AIX/3780 gateway
stuff.  I also believe they have an 800 number, so you should be able to
reach them by calling 800 information.  You didn't say what kind of hardware
you were going to install this on.  What ever you get will need to be able
to talk to your SYNCHRONOUS (emphasis intentional!) communication port.

Good luck
Dan

--
Daniel A. Graifer			Coastal Capital Funding Corp.
Sr. Vice President, Financial Systems	7900 Westpark Dr. Suite A-130

paul@p4tustin.UUCP (Paul L. Rowe) (03/07/91)

In article <2953@meaddata.meaddata.com> tonyg@meaddata.com writes:
>Anybody know of any package that supports 3780 protocol?  Commercial or public,
>whichever is fine.

We can provide a BSC/RJE 2780/3780 adapter that provides up to two channels.
The product includes drivers for MIPS Computer System's RISC/os and
a comm controller that plugs into the AT Bus on the MIPS computers.

I suspect we could provide versions that run on other machines.  If you'd
like more info, please e-mail to: info@point4.com describing your needs
and we'll try to send you in the best direction we can.........

--
Paul Rowe, Director of Software Development        voice: (714) 259-0777
POINT 4 Data Corporation                             fax: (714) 259-0921