[comp.unix.misc] POSIX specification wanted

thrapp@cod.NOSC.MIL (Gary R. Thrapp) (03/27/91)

A co-worker of mine wants to obtain a POSIX specification, either by
ftp or hard copy.  Can someone suggest the best way to do this?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please email responses to:

     mattoon@nosc.mil

     Tom Mattoon
     Code 855
     Naval Ocean Systems Center
     San Diego, CA  92152-5000
     (619) 553-6628

snorthc@relay.nswc.navy.mil (Stephen Northcutt) (03/27/91)

Try grepping a host table for nist.gov entries and anonymous ftp
snooping.  Good luck!

Stephen Northcutt (snorthc@relay.nswc.navy.mil)     News Admin
Work: (703) 663-7745                                High Speed Nets
Home: (703) 371-4184                                Local GOSIP guru
Paper Mail: Code E41, NSWC, Dahlgren VA 22448       Parallel Research

libes@cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar27.120338.8713@relay.nswc.navy.mil> snorthc@relay.nswc.navy.mil (Stephen Northcutt) writes:
>Try grepping a host table for nist.gov entries and anonymous ftp
>snooping.  Good luck!

Your welcome to snoop, but I guarantee you won't find POSIX there.

We have to buy and look through the goddamn hardcopy just like
everyone else.