[comp.unix.misc] Coherent Update Installation?

bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) (03/22/91)

I've installed Coherent 3.0 on my 286 for testing out UUCP to my
Esix machine.  I just ordered and received the 3.1.0 upgrade, but
NO release notes/instructions.  How does one install the danged update?
I tried various incantations of /etc/install xxxxxx /dev/fha0 1, but
it just kept saying "the disk you inserted is not part of the kit."

This seems pretty elementary, ... hmmm...

Thanks!

Bill
--
home:	bill@unixland.uucp         The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
	...!uunet!think!unixland!bill

rmk@rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (03/24/91)

In article <1991Mar21.235324.17892@unixland.uucp> bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>I've installed Coherent 3.0 on my 286 for testing out UUCP to my
>Esix machine.  I just ordered and received the 3.1.0 upgrade, but
>NO release notes/instructions.  How does one install the danged update?
>I tried various incantations of /etc/install xxxxxx /dev/fha0 1, but
>it just kept saying "the disk you inserted is not part of the kit."

If the upgrade comes as the full disk set, you might just try doing a
complete install of 3.1.0.

I am running 3.1.0, and it came with release notes, but it refers you to the
original docs for installation,

If you still have my phone number, give me a call, or send me mail, and I will
try to hash this out with you.

Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk@frog.UUCP

jkitchin@peg.UUCP (04/10/91)

Bill,re the update for Coherent I have done it OK.I simply entered the boot disk #1 and re-booted.At the question mark prompt I
typed 'begin' and away it went.
I followed the instructions as they came up.There is even a log report of the
install.This is available when you have finished.look for '/etc/install.log'.
My install took 28 minutes as per the log report.Hope it goes OK for you.
jon kitchin VK6TU in sunny Perth Western Australia.(user jkitchin@peg)