[comp.unix.misc] UHC-systemVR4

jkitchin@peg.UUCP (04/10/91)

About UHC Unix SystemV release 4,can anybody tell me who is selling it?
Who is the UH Corporation that is flogging this system?
Their offer is for me to give them my old Copherent system and they will give
me their systemVR4 basic version for US$395.And if I hand over US$895 thay
will give me all their software,like everything thay have.The normal price is US$1295 so it may be a good offer.Has anybody trie
d this system yet,please?
It requires a 386 which I have not got yet.
jon kitchin in Perth,Western Australia.(username peg:jkitchin)

peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) (04/12/91)

jkitchin@peg.UUCP writes:
>About UHC Unix SystemV release 4,can anybody tell me who is selling it?
>Who is the UH Corporation that is flogging this system?
>Their offer is for me to give them my old Copherent system and they will give
>me their systemVR4 basic version for US$395.And if I hand over US$895 thay
>will give me all their software,like everything thay have.The normal price is US$1295 so it may be a good offer.Has anybody trie
>d this system yet,please?
>It requires a 386 which I have not got yet.
>jon kitchin in Perth,Western Australia.(username peg:jkitchin)

Be careful... I have heard some pretty nasty things that (EX) UHC customers had
--
Peter Wemm
peter@cs.curtin.edu.au  (Home) +61-9-450-5243

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (04/18/91)

peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:

>Be careful... I have heard some pretty nasty things that (EX) UHC customers had

Such as?????
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need

peter@cutmcvax.cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) (04/19/91)

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) writes:
>peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:

>>Be careful... I have heard some pretty nasty things that (EX) UHC customers had

>Such as?????
>--

I'm sorry, I can't remember exact details - I dont archive this group.  I do
however remember somebody complaining loudly about the poor support and
bugs in this very newsgroup (about 2-3 weeks ago).  I can't qualify my
statement any more than that, or quote anything, 'cause my news server
purges articles older than 4 days.

Keeping that in mind, and that you seem to want details, I think somebody
complained that they were very harshly treated when going for backup support
to UHC about some bugs that were causing problems (for them). They were
very annoyed.

Discalimer: I dont know if the above is correct, I am only going from memory.
I only reposted because I had a few mail requests for info as well.  I probably