[comp.org.eff.talk] Hagbard's death

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (10/07/90)

In article <21450:Oct605:25:0190@kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd@kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>Do we really know who torched Hagbard? I guessed from the book that he
>had killed himself.

I've always thought that death by burning is the preferred method
of suicide for computer geeks.

Anybody know the stats for "preferrred methos of suicide"?  I would
assume that self-immolation (sic?) is waaaay down on the list.

--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120

sblair@synoptics.com (Steven Blair) (10/07/90)

In article <1990Oct6.181622.18274@lavaca.uh.edu>, jet@karazm.math.uh.edu
(J. Eric Townsend) writes:
|> In article <21450:Oct605:25:0190@kramden.acf.nyu.edu>
brnstnd@kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
|> >Do we really know who torched Hagbard? I guessed from the book that
he
|> >had killed himself.
|>
|> I've always thought that death by burning is the preferred method
|> of suicide for computer geeks.
|>
|> Anybody know the stats for "preferrred methos of suicide"?  I would
|> assume that self-immolation (sic?) is waaaay down on the list.

Many I know who are "geeks" or whatever we call ourselves, would
prefer electrocution. Ultimate meeting/merging with the "machine",
or the ultimate I/O statement!! ;>

--
Steven C. Blair		Network Operations Center
SynOptics Communications Inc. Mountain View, California