[comp.org.eff.talk] God won't help you

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (11/01/90)

In article <38984@ut-emx.uucp> clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Kathy Strong) writes:
>Um, David, I think Eric was making a reference to Joe McCarthy's list of
>"214 Communist agents in the U.S. Government," from the speech that started

Damn, I knew it was over 200, and 217 sounded right.  Oh well.

>Assuming I'm right, though, I'm sure you can see the point. McCarthy never
>produced that list, by the way. As far as I know, it didn't even exist. But

As far as *anyone* knows, it never really existed.  (If anyone knows
where I can find a copy, let me know.. :-)

--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120