[comp.org.eff.talk] Satire isn't always humor

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (11/05/90)

In article <1990Nov4.035527.20292@wolves.uucp> ggw%wolves@cs.duke.edu (Gregory G. Woodbury) writes:
>In a different context (or even in a different mood)
>I would think it quite hilarious, since I am no great respecter of
>conventions myself.

>	The historical reference is PRECISELY why I did not find this
>particularly funny or amusing.

In this case, it was satire not meant to be that humorous.  I was more
interested in trying to get people to *wake up* and look at where
we're headed.

While writing it, I didn't laugh or say "wow, this'll get a million
yucks."
--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120