[comp.org.eff.talk] Newsgroup creation anarchy

jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. DeArmond) (11/22/90)

cat@tygra.ddmi.com (CAT-TALK Maint. Account) writes:

>FALSE. Recently, a call for discussion about a new hierarchy called
>"ads" was posted and the moderator refused to allow it through. He sent
>me a message asking for more information about the hierarchy. I replied
>and he failed to post the call for discussion. This thing is so highly
>politically motivated that you just wouldn't believe it!!

So use any of the means available to you to go around Elliot.  Assuming
that you admin your system or your admin will help you,   you could:

*	Start the discussion in other groups and ignore Elliot's bleating.
	Most of us will respect a discussion and vote whether Elliot
	blesses it or not.

*	Forge a new.announce message and propagate around Elliot.  Some
	people will blast you; simply ignore them.  Don't make the
	mistake that was made re unix.wizards and enter into a debate.
	Note that I take forging articles very seriously but a moderator
	restircting a legitimate request for discussion because he
	does not agree with it is serious and an appropriate
	reason to use extraordinary measures.

*	Start an alt. heirarchy, announce it everywhere and after
	the readership is sufficient, call for discussion and vote
	and the members of the group will be sufficient to bring it
	about.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of Performance Products
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  to the Trade " (tm)

lear@turbo.bio.net (Eliot) (11/23/90)

For a new hierarchy, no vote is needed.  You just create it.  If you
want it to be part of the top 7, you just say so.  You just need to
get people to carry it.

Of course, that really wasn't the reason I bounced his message.  There
is a hierarchy for this purpose - biz, and I asked the individual if
he knew of its existence.  He never replied.

--
Eliot Lear
[lear@turbo.bio.net]

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (11/23/90)

This really doesn't belong here, but...
In article <5043@rsiatl.UUCP> jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. DeArmond) writes:
>*	Start an alt. heirarchy, announce it everywhere and after
>	the readership is sufficient, call for discussion and vote
>	and the members of the group will be sufficient to bring it
>	about.

Better yet, simply start a new heirarchy and start exchanging it
with anyone you can find.

--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120