[comp.org.eff.talk] Dangers of Anonymous BBS

learn@igloo.scum.com (Bill HMRP Vajk) (01/24/91)

In article <48273@apple.Apple.COM>, iceman@Apple.COM (Ice) writes:

> Repeated attempts to get his equipment back (under the claim that they surely
> don;t need *everything*, just the internal drive) have resulted in his *modem*
> being returned just two months ago.  No word on the rest of the stuff.  No
> word on when it will be.  He has now decided that the whole drug-dealer
> thing was a complete hoax, and is wondering what he can do now.

>   Any ideas I can pass on to this fellow?  Who should he call?  I believe
> he is still a minor, and he definately was at the time of the seizure, if
> that makes any difference.

Likely he needs an attorney to get his equipment returned. Also likely that
hiring an attorney will cost more than the equipment is worth (if he has some
vanilla PC stuff.)

I the meantime I would appreciate a copy of the search warrant sent to me at
Bill Vajk, P. O. Box 903, Libertyville  IL  60048.

In fact, I would appreciate it if anyone reading this newsgroup who has had
equipment taken under "due process" would send me a copy of their search or
seizure warrants.

Bill Vajk