Date:         Mon, 28 Jan 91 13:02:08 IST
From:         Hank Nussbacher <HANK@VM.TAU.AC.IL>
Subject:      Notice: Illegal political activism via the network

                     Notice to Israeli all Lists
                     ---------------------------

Recent events have caused many network users to make use of
Listserv lists for political purposes.  The EARN Charter and Code
of Conduct (of which Israel is a member) states that the network
is not to be used for political or religious activism.

Activism is the use of the network to sponsor rallies, create
petitions or anything of this nature.  Activism can also be
defined as the active opposition of these actions by individuals.
If you encounter an example of political or religious activism,
it is suggested that you notify the network adminstrators or the
owner of the list rather than attempting to resolve the problem
by yourself.

In addition, using technical lists for political discussion is
also discouraged.  The various lists that have been created for
specific technical discussions are not to be abused for political
discussions. If you encounter such a problem, please do not
respond to the list, but instead contact the network
administrators or the list owner.

Hank Nussbacher
Israeli Network Information Center

P.S. This is being distributed to all Listserv lists in Israel so
please accept my apologies if you receive this message more than
once.
Peter Wayner   Department of Computer Science Cornell Univ. Ithaca, NY 14850
EMail:wayner@cs.cornell.edu    Office: 607-255-9202 or 255-1008
Home: 116 Oak Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850  Phone: 607-277-6678