[comp.org.eff.talk] WSJ article

johne@hp-vcd.HP.COM (John Eaton) (03/16/91)

<<<<<
The Mar 14 issue of the Wall Street Journal had an interesting and
must read article on direct marketing databases. Included was an
admission by one industry exec that they had sent a direct mailing
to all the people who were on the DMA no mail request list. They
figured that these folks would have uncluttered mail boxes and
would pay more attention to the message.

They quoted someone from a magazine/newsletter titled "Privacy Times".
Does anyone have an address/number for them? Is it worth subscribing
to?

John Eaton
!hp-vcd!johne

kurt@think.com (Kurt Thearling) (03/18/91)

In article <6750011@hp-vcd.HP.COM> johne@hp-vcd.HP.COM (John Eaton) writes:

>They quoted someone from a magazine/newsletter titled "Privacy Times".
>Does anyone have an address/number for them? Is it worth subscribing
>to?

I just got off the phone with Evan Hendricks, the editor of PRIVACY TIMES.
The magazine is published bi-weekly and is completely supported by
subscription fees.  The subscription rates are $195/year or $5 for a sample
issue.  The address is:

	Privacy Times
	P.O. Box 21501
	Washington D.C.  20009

The phone number is 202.829.3660.

Since $195 is a little high for me to personally subscribe, I guess I'll
have to find a library that carries it.  I will order a sample issue and
post my impression to the net.

kurt

Kurt Thearling                                  Thinking Machines Corp.
                                                       245 First Street
kurt@think.com                                     Cambridge, MA  02142