[comp.org.eff.talk] comp.org.eff.talk nostalgia

bei@dogface (Bob Izenberg) (04/25/91)

I'm looking back with fondness to the days before alt.privacy, when what
I read in comp.org.eff.talk wasn't a shadow of comp/alt.dcom.telecom or
other groups to the extent that it is now.
The "law school is boring" and "mailing lists are evil" seem like a lot of
rehash(oldhash, newplayers) calls.  Can we put the EFF back in eff.talk,
and cut down on the cross-posts from alt.privacy?
I imagine that I'll soon be hearing from some crispy critters...  Now where's
my autographed copy of John Haugh's Snappy Answers to Net Messages? ;-)
-- Bob

               Bob Izenberg
         cs.utexas.edu!dogface!bei   [ ]   "So young, so bad... So what!"
             512 346 7019                        Wendy O. Williams

shiva@pro-smof.cts.com (System Smof) (04/28/91)

I think that all topics that are of concern to the EFF should be discussed
here, since I don't have access to the telecom or privacy newsfeeds. This
is purely a selfish consideration on my part. :-)
/                                |                            |      \
|SMOF-BBS 512-467-7317 PCP=TXAUS |UUCP: crash!pro-smof!shiva  | __|__ |
|Proline:  shiva@pro-smof        |"The World's First Online   | \_|_/ |
|Internet: shiva@pro-smof.cts.com| Science Fiction Convention"|   |   |
\________________________________|____________________________|______/

bei@dogface (Bob Izenberg) (04/28/91)

shiva@pro-smof.cts.com (System Smof) writes:

> I think that all topics that are of concern to the EFF should be discussed
> here, since I don't have access to the telecom or privacy newsfeeds. This
> is purely a selfish consideration on my part. :-)

The comp.dcom.telecom newsgroup has an associated mailing list for those who
don't get c.d.t. (or who don't have Usenet access at all.)  There is also a
privacy related offshoot of the telecom list, telecom-priv.  I'm not up on
whether alt.privacy has a mailing list to go with it or not.
Not long after alt.privacy was started, I saw a message by its creator that
asked for restraint in crossposts to comp.org.eff.talk.  I appreciate the
concern, but regret that everybody has ignored the request.