[comp.os.os2.apps] ISDN for OS/2

ulnie@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Ulf Niesar) (09/23/90)

Again another did-anybody-see question...

Did anybody see an ISDN card for OS/2 ???
(Well, I should have written with software/API/device driver for OS/2)
Is it in the works somewhere ?

Ulf

nbladt@aut.UUCP (Norbert Bladt) (09/24/90)

ulnie@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Ulf Niesar) writes:

>Again another did-anybody-see question...

>Did anybody see an ISDN card for OS/2 ???
Who wants IDSN (It Still Does Nothing) ?
The last company I worked for has developed an ISDN PABX.
None of the first 15 customers did order ISDN.
That's the first thing, the second is, that almost nobody uses OS/2.

What is the point in having an ISDN application running on a system nobody
has ?
There is almost no commercial interest in such a thing, right ?

BTW:
	Fa. Stollmann (Hamburg) sells expensive ISDN-boards for PC's
	dto. Fa. AVM (Berlin) and Fa. Sotec (less cheaper than Stollmann
	but comparable otherwise) near Stuttgart.
	If you want details, e-mail me.
	They are not just selling hardware (no end-user needs
	just hardware) but also applications and device-drivers
	for DOS (which IS used)  by a lot of people) and perhaps
	UNIX (Stollmann ?).

>(Well, I should have written with software/API/device driver for OS/2)
>Is it in the works somewhere ?
I don't know.

>Ulf

Norbert.
--
Please use this path as return address. DON'T USE THE RETURN PATH IN THE HEADER
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland