[comp.os.os2.apps] Novell Netware OS/2 requester incompatible with r 1.3

klimas@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (03/20/91)

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding using the new OS/2 rev 1.3
with Advanced Netware 286 v2.15c ?  We have a working system based on rev 1.2
currently, but, hoping to improve performance, I thought that I would look into
upgrading to the "new, lean" OS/2 rev. 1.3 . I was encouraged by all of the
testimonials saying that everything that worked under OS/2 rev 1.2 worked
under OS/2 rev 1.3 .  WRONG!  It seems that Netware checks for rev. numbers
and the IPX and IFS drivers now complain about "incorrect OS/2 version".

ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) (03/21/91)

In article <3862.27e64542@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com>, klimas@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:
| Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding using the new OS/2 rev 1.3
| with Advanced Netware 286 v2.15c ?  We have a working system based on rev 1.2
| currently, but, hoping to improve performance, I thought that I would look into
| upgrading to the "new, lean" OS/2 rev. 1.3 . I was encouraged by all of the
| testimonials saying that everything that worked under OS/2 rev 1.2 worked
| under OS/2 rev 1.3 .  WRONG!  It seems that Netware checks for rev. numbers
| and the IPX and IFS drivers now complain about "incorrect OS/2 version".

	I patched out the version check in IPX and the IFS to get it
to work under 1.21 and everything was fine.  Shortly I will install 1.3
on that machine so I should know then if it works also; remind me in
a few days and I will post.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@harvard.*

d8olsth@dtek.chalmers.se (Thomas Olsson) (03/25/91)

In article <3862.27e64542@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com> klimas@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:
>Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding using the new OS/2 rev 1.3
>with Advanced Netware 286 v2.15c ?  We have a working system based on rev 1.2
>currently, but, hoping to improve performance, I thought that I would look into
>upgrading to the "new, lean" OS/2 rev. 1.3 . I was encouraged by all of the
>testimonials saying that everything that worked under OS/2 rev 1.2 worked
>under OS/2 rev 1.3 .  WRONG!  It seems that Netware checks for rev. numbers
>and the IPX and IFS drivers now complain about "incorrect OS/2 version".

The latest version of the NetWare Requestor for OS/2 is for OS/2 version 1.21.
It only checks the major version number, that is 1.x. It works with version 1.3
of OS/2, but I have had some problems when copying files with Extended Attributes to the net.
You can find this version on Compuserver, NetWire (go NOVELL).
In version 3.11 and 2.2 of NetWare there will be included a requestor for OS/2.
Version 3.11 will also have support for Extended attributes in the server.
.