[comp.os.os2.apps] Windows under OS/2 - still troubled

TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET (Turgut Kalfaoglu) (03/29/91)

Hello all. Windows 30 under IBM OS/2 1.2 EE still doesn't work for me.
I have a 286 machine, and 4MB of memory. I switch to DOS mode,
type WIN , and I get a "Warning: Program has changed an interrupt vector
owned by the system". I suspect Windows does that for my PC-Mouse
control? In any case, when I tell OS/2 to 'Ignore' the problem, I get
into the Windows, but mouse doesn't work.

This is really annoying me. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
-turgut

goldman@mbcl.rutgers.edu (04/02/91)

In article <91088.114611TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET>, TURGUT@TREARN.BITNET (Turgut Kalfaoglu) writes:
> Hello all. Windows 30 under IBM OS/2 1.2 EE still doesn't work for me.
> I have a 286 machine, and 4MB of memory. I switch to DOS mode,
> type WIN , and I get a "Warning: Program has changed an interrupt vector
> owned by the system". I suspect Windows does that for my PC-Mouse
> control? In any case, when I tell OS/2 to 'Ignore' the problem, I get
> into the Windows, but mouse doesn't work.
>
> This is really annoying me. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
> -turgut
Try changing the kind of mouse that Windows thinks it is using.  You can
do this by using arrow & esacape sequences to get into the Windows setup.
If this doesn't help, please supply details of precise configurationn:
what kind of mouse, what com port, is it serial or bus?

			Adrian

--
Adrian Goldman                         |  Internet:  Goldman@MBCL.Rutgers.Edu
Molecular Biology Computing Laboratory |  Bitnet:    Goldman@BioVAX

colin@la.excelan.com (Colin Goldstein) (04/06/91)

The News Manager)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1991 02:24:28 GMT

>Hello all. Windows 30 under IBM OS/2 1.2 EE still doesn't work for me.
>I have a 286 machine, and 4MB of memory. I switch to DOS mode,
>type WIN , and I get a "Warning: Program has changed an interrupt vector
>owned by the system". I suspect Windows does that for my PC-Mouse
>control? In any case, when I tell OS/2 to 'Ignore' the problem, I get
>into the Windows, but mouse doesn't work.
>
>This is really annoying me. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
>-turgut

I bet you have Windows setup to use INT 2 as the mouse interrupt.
If this is the case OS/2 will not let a DOS program change it. Try
using some other INT.