[comp.os.os2.apps] NetBIOS TCP/IP

rfg@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Bob Gula) (05/14/91)

I am trying to access a TCP/IP Ethernet LAN with an OS/2 machine.
Need help locating a TCP/IP product which has a NetBIOS interface.  That is,
a RFC1002-compatible implementation of TCP/IP which runs under OS/2.  The
PathWay Access 1.1 product has this, but is not available until July or later.
Does anyone know of a product I can buy, and also which LAN adapters are
supported by the product.  Thanks for any help.

--
Bob Gula, NPD - San Diego
Bob.Gula@SanDiego.NCR.COM

Mahoney@emdisle.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Mahoney) (05/16/91)

In an article of <14 May 91 16:38:29 GMT>, rfg@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Bob Gula) writes:

 BG>I am trying to access a TCP/IP Ethernet LAN with an OS/2 machine.
 BG>Need help locating a TCP/IP product which has a NetBIOS interface.
 BG>That is,
 BG>a RFC1002-compatible implementation of TCP/IP which runs under
 BG>OS/2.

   IBM's TCP/IP for OS/2 supports Ethernet.  The adapter support is provided by OS/2. That documentation should tell you which ones you can use.

--
Mike Mahoney - via FidoNet node 1:300/14
UUCP: uunet...!noao!coyote!emdisle!Mahoney

oleg@watson.ibm.com (Oleg Vishnepolsky) (05/21/91)

In  <442.28322196@emdisle.FIDONET.ORG>  Mahoney@emdisle.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Mahoney) writes:
> In an article of <14 May 91 16:38:29 GMT>, rfg@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Bob Gula) writes:
>
>  BG>I am trying to access a TCP/IP Ethernet LAN with an OS/2 machine.
>  BG>Need help locating a TCP/IP product which has a NetBIOS interface.
>  BG>That is,
>  BG>a RFC1002-compatible implementation of TCP/IP which runs under
>  BG>OS/2.
>
>    IBM's TCP/IP for OS/2 supports Ethernet.  The adapter support is provided by OS/2. That documentation should tell you which ones you can use.
>

> --
> Mike Mahoney - via FidoNet node 1:300/14
> UUCP: uunet...!noao!coyote!emdisle!Mahoney
> INTERNET: Mahoney@emdisle.FIDONET.ORG

IBM also has RFC 1001/1002 compliant product for OS/2 which prereqs IBM's TCP/IP for OS/2 - product
number 94F0534.

Oleg Vishnepolsky