[comp.os.os2.apps] Wordstar-like editor wanted

teittinen@cc.helsinki.fi (Marko Teittinen) (05/25/91)

Hi everybody!

I am currently developing some applications on OS/2 and I'd like to find
an editor that used Wordstar-like commands. I know Epsilon, uEmacs and
millions of other editors can be configured to do it, but I'd like to
find this feature ready. And yes, I know Epsilon et al. offer many nice
features, but I don't want to learn a new keyboard command lay-out as I
use TC++ (in DOS, of course) often. So could some one tell me where I
can ftp a "wordstar-compatible" OS/2 editor? And what are the best
ftp-sites to find OS/2 programs?

Thanks in advance!
--
E-Mail: teittinen@finuh.bitnet               ! "Studying is the only way
        teittinen@cc.helsinki.fi             !  to do nothing without

horker@milton.u.washington.edu (Chris Finnly) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May25.111854.1@cc.helsinki.fi> teittinen@cc.helsinki.fi (Marko Teittinen) writes:

>I am currently developing some applications on OS/2 and I'd like to find
>an editor that used Wordstar-like commands. I know Epsilon, uEmacs and
>millions of other editors can be configured to do it, but I'd like to
>find this feature ready. And yes, I know Epsilon et al. offer many nice
>features, but I don't want to learn a new keyboard command lay-out as I
>use TC++ (in DOS, of course) often. So could some one tell me where I
>can ftp a "wordstar-compatible" OS/2 editor? And what are the best
>ftp-sites to find OS/2 programs?

I don't know where you could ftp a copy from, but my choice for an os/2 editor e
is QEdit or ME.  Both are very good.  I don't know about ME, but Qedit has
word-star like commands and very powerful macro capabilities.