[comp.os.os2.apps] OS/2 driver for HP Deskjet available?

delft@fwi.uva.nl (Andre van Delft) (05/28/91)

Does anyone know whether an OS/2 (1.3) device driver for HP Deskjet
printer is available? Any pointers are welcome

Andre van Delft
DELFT@fwi.uva.nl

ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.214019.6823@fwi.uva.nl>, delft@fwi.uva.nl (Andre van Delft) writes:
> Does anyone know whether an OS/2 (1.3) device driver for HP Deskjet
> printer is available? Any pointers are welcome

I have used the LaserJet II driver with no problems.  The only signficant
difference b/w them is in font downloading anyway.  I have used
full graphics and odd fonts (via ATM) with no problems.

Mark Kosten

d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se (Mikael Wahlgren) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.201145.1@lure.latrobe.edu.au> ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au writes:

>I have used the LaserJet II driver with no problems.  The only signficant
>difference b/w them is in font downloading anyway.  I have used
>full graphics and odd fonts (via ATM) with no problems.

I have also tried the LaserJet II driver, but experience problems with the
DeskJet (classic).  Some characters serifs are placed all wrong (over the
wrong characters).

By selecting the LaserJet classic driver instead, that problem went away, but
the output doesn't look good.  Some lines are left out and the output quality
is poor, and printing is SLOW.

All tests has been performed with DeScribe 2.0 and ATM fonts.

Mikael Wahlgren      d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se