[comp.os.os2.apps] How about - comp.os.os2.lanman, or comp.sys.lanman

bxw@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au (Brad Willcott) (06/07/91)

Well the title and summary say most of it.  With the advent of Lan Manager 2.0
I believe it is about time that we dedicated a group to it.  As it is so
heavily tied into OS/2, I'm not sure which of my two suggestions for group
name would be most appropriate.

What is the proceedure for starting up such a group?

Is there any interest out there for such a group?

There is after-all, a comp.sys.novell!  Come to think of it, perhaps there
is such a group because of the HIGH level of support required to keep a
Novell LAN going :-)

Brad.

--
Brad Willcott,                          ACSnet:     bxw@ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz
Computing Services,                     Internet:   bxw@ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au

edg@netcom.COM (Ed Greenberg) (06/08/91)

It should be comp.sys.lanman, since one can make dos workstations too.
Lots of places will have dos workstations, and use OS/2 only for servers
and for running admin tasks.

Probably a good idea.
				-edg

--
Ed Greenberg 		| Home: +1 408 283 0184 | edg@netcom.com
P. O. Box 28618		| Work: +1 408 764 5305 | CIS: 76703,1070

ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Anthony Murdoch) (06/08/91)

edg@netcom.COM (Ed Greenberg) writes:

>It should be comp.sys.lanman, since one can make dos workstations too.
>Lots of places will have dos workstations, and use OS/2 only for servers
>and for running admin tasks.

I'd like to see a "comp.sys.lanman" - How do we go about it ?

ant

  V   ant                       "I killed Laura Palmer"
 \o/  ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
 -O-  Anthony Murdoch           Prentice Centre
 /0\  Phone (07) 36 54078       University of Qld

BITLIB@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu (Christopher Condon) (06/16/91)

How about comp.sys.lanserver -- There'd probably be more interest in that.

***  Chris Condon
***  Yale University
***  BITLIB@YALEVM.YCC.YALE.EDU, among others...
***
***  "Life is not a cabaret... and stop calling me *chum*"

gt0202b@prism.gatech.EDU (MORSE,JAMES ERNEST) (06/17/91)

In article <91166.140437BITLIB@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu> BITLIB@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu (Christopher Condon) writes:
>How about comp.sys.lanserver -- There'd probably be more interest in that.

How about them both, like comp.os.os2.lans
How do you Request one of those things?

James Morse