[comp.os.os2.apps] OS/2 Applications

ian@watson.ibm.com (06/17/91)

Have you ever wanted to get hold of some of the internal IBM OS/2 applications.
Well now you can as long as you live in countries covered by IBM's EMEA classification, which
is Europe, Middle East and Africa.

I have extracted a list of what is available

*    PS/TOOLS FOR OS/2 DEVELOPER'S KIT 1    FEBRUARY 91
               P/N 70F7430    DUA   70F7435
               PID 5604-326   DUA   5775-AH5
       CONTENTS
          ASDT                     Debugging Tool
          LOADRAM2                 Pack/Unpack files (similar concept to PKZIP)
          PMEYES                   Pair of eyes which follow the mouse pointer around
          PMSRCH                   Look for files and text within files on any attached disks
          PSPM                     Graphical display of all OS/2 processes
          OS2LOCK                  Allows locking of screen by a hot-key
          VIEWCLIP                 View contents of OS/2 PM's system clipboard

*    PS/TOOLS FOR OS/2 USER'S KIT 1          MARCH 91
               P/N 87F3440    DUA  87F3439
               PID 5604-340   DUA  5775-AM7
        CONTENTS
          PMDIARY                  Desktop Organiser (Diary, Clock, Todo, Notepad etc)
          LOADRAM2                 Updated version

*    PS/2 TOOLS FOR OS/2 USER'S KIT 2        MAY 91
               P/N  87F3760   DUA  87F3758
               PID  5604-347  DUA  5775-AQ1
        CONTENTS
          PTNSHOOT                 Point & Shoot - PM replacement for the OS/2 command prompt
          PMBROWSE                 PM Browse supporting Drag'n'Drop from File Manager
          PMSRCH                   Later version of above
          SMMATH                   Mathenmatical PM calculator
          DUPLCATS                 Locate file with duplicate names
          PMSPACE                  Graphically monitors disk/diskette utilisation

Also, I have a quote from the manager of the group responsible for making these applications
available.

"We will be continuing the release of new products as quickly as our resources allow."

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any queries or feedback.

Ian Stirling

*============================================*==============================================*
*   Ian Stirling                             *  VNET:     STIRLING at WINVMB                *
*   CICS/ESA Systems Facilities              *  Internet: STIRLING@WINVMB.VNET.IBM.COM      *
*   IBM UK Labs Ltd, Hursley, UK             *  TCP/IP:   IAN@STIRLING.IS.HUSLEY.IBM.COM    *
*============================================*==============================================*
Disclaimer:  All comments made by me must not, in any way, be construed as those of my employer.

ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun17.121648.25048@watson.ibm.com>, ian@watson.ibm.com writes:
> Have you ever wanted to get hold of some of the internal IBM OS/2 applications.
> Well now you can as long as you live in countries covered by IBM's EMEA classification, which
> is Europe, Middle East and Africa.
>
> I have extracted a list of what is available

Some of the utilities look suspicously like tools on various BBSs and
ftp sites already.  Is there any chance that they could be distributed in
such ways outside of the EMEA countries?  By the way, what is EMEA,
and is there a way around this restriction?

Dr Mark Kosten,        phone: +61 3 479-1500
Computer Centre,       AARNet (internet): ccmk@lure.latrobe.edu.au
La Trobe University,
Bundoora, 3083
Australia