[net.ham-radio] 220 MHz. Digipeaters in SFO area

dna@dsd.UUCP (David Altekruse) (12/27/84)

To: All packet stations
From: Hank Magnuski, KA6M
Subject: 220 MHz. Digipeaters in Bay Area

Today I received a call from Scott Miles, WB6PQM, who informed me of plans
to establish two new digipeaters in the Bay Area.

The new simplex machines will be running on 223.58 MHz. and are intended
to serve the needs of RACES in Contra Costa county, linking together all
three parts of the county. The hardware will be based on GLB controllers
purchased and installed by Scott. WB6PQM-1 is currently on the air, and
WB6PQM-2 will be running shortly.

Scott is on the Board of Directors of NARC, and is the 220 MHz. frequency
coordinator for that organization.

Scott currently resides at 12 Big Oak Ct., Walnut Creek, CA 94596, and may
be reached at (415) 934-6081 (home) or (415) 827-4700 x 49 (work).
His USENET address is UCBVAX!ZEHNTEL!ZPS!DIGGER.