[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Sozobon JAS

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (07/21/90)

In article <1990Jul20.163539.27869@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> schultzd@kira.msu.edu (David Schultz) writes:
>Two questions:
>
>1.)  I can't use jas.ttp (Sozobon assembler) from the desktop.  Does
>anyone know why?  (I get the briefest flash of an error message...
>Involves the proper usage of jas.  Works fine from a shell.)
>[...]

	I always used jas from gulam.  But I would think that using it from
the desktop should be no problem.  Have you tried this?:

	jas -o myfile.o myfile.s

	Speaking of Sozobon, I saw mention of a graphical shell to be used
from the desktop specifically for Sozobon.  I don't remember where I saw this
or where I can get it now.  Has anyone seen this?  Where can I get it?
Thanks.

--
John Schmitt
johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (07/23/90)

[In article <26A78153.13028@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca>,
     johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) writes ... ]

> In article <1990Jul20.163539.27869@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> schultzd@kira.msu.edu (David Schultz) writes:
>>Two questions:
>>
>>1.)  I can't use jas.ttp (Sozobon assembler) from the desktop.  Does
>>anyone know why?  (I get the briefest flash of an error message...
>>Involves the proper usage of jas.  Works fine from a shell.)
>>[...]
>
> 	I always used jas from gulam.  But I would think that using it from
> the desktop should be no problem.  Have you tried this?:
>
> 	jas -o myfile.o myfile.s

That won't work under old TOS (pre-1.4) because the Desktop upcases
args, making -o into -O.

Simply "jas myfile.s" should work from the Desktop -- but it doesn't. I
don't know why not, even after looking at the sources. The
argument-parsing routine is setting an error flag for some unknown reason.

> 	Speaking of Sozobon, I saw mention of a graphical shell to be used
> from the desktop specifically for Sozobon.  I don't remember where I saw this
> or where I can get it now.  Has anyone seen this?  Where can I get it?
> Thanks.

There is a CC program rewritten for Desktop use -- it's not GEM, but it
lets you run without a shell. I don't have it. I think it's on the
Panarthea file server.

I started writing a graphical GEM shell about a year ago. I didn't finish
it because I didn't find it convenient to use and there did not seem to be
any demand for it.

--
   Steve Yelvington at the lake in Minnesota
   steve@thelake.mn.org