[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] HELP! HP terminal emulator for ST's?

smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) (07/19/90)

Hi, nice new group!  My question:

Is there a terminal program out there that emulates an HP terminal on
the ST?  I am using FLASH in VT52 mode, but I really could fly this
link if I could emulate an HP terminal (HPTERM?)

                                     Thanksalought,

Jim Smithre

hooft@finch.prl.philips.nl (Peter van Hooft 44327) (07/23/90)

In <18420001@hpsad.HP.COM> smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) writes:

>Is there a terminal program out there that emulates an HP terminal on
>the ST?  I am using FLASH in VT52 mode, but I really could fly this
>link if I could emulate an HP terminal (HPTERM?)

I found a program called hpterm.prg on my disks. I don't know _what_ kind
of terminal it exactly emulates, so it probably needs some experimenting
to find out. It was written by Joe Freeman btw, and you can copy it freely.

If anyone wants it, please mail me and I will mail it directly to you.

Peter van Hooft (hooft@apolloway.prl.philips.nl)

fsdmb3@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (BRAUN DAVID M) (07/24/90)

In article <1156@cnps.PHILIPS.nl>, hooft@finch.prl.philips.nl (Peter van Hooft 44327) writes...
>In <18420001@hpsad.HP.COM> smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) writes:
>
>>Is there a terminal program out there that emulates an HP terminal on
>>the ST?  I am using FLASH in VT52 mode, but I really could fly this
>>link if I could emulate an HP terminal (HPTERM?)
>
>I found a program called hpterm.prg on my disks. I don't know _what_ kind
>of terminal it exactly emulates, so it probably needs some experimenting
>Peter van Hooft (hooft@apolloway.prl.philips.nl)

Yes, HPTERM is a full featured HP terminal emulator, it is avalable on
Terminator in and many other servers.

David M. Braun				     		    FSDMB3@ALASKA.BITNET
Samurai and Lizards, Reptiles and Samurai.     	     fsdmb3@acad3.fai.alaska.edu