[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Color monitor jitters

WILSOPR@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (08/02/90)

Help!
I am, and have been having a problem with my color monitor.  It appears
that the screen is vibrating horizontally, randomly with about 1 pixel
in width.  This only happens in low resolution, medium is fine.   It does
seem to be related to the amount of time the monitor has been on, the longer
on the more jitter.

I hope there might be an easy fix for this!

Paul Wilson

logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) (08/04/90)

WILSOPR@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com writes:
>I am, and have been having a problem with my color monitor.  It appears
>that the screen is vibrating horizontally, randomly with about 1 pixel
>in width.  This only happens in low resolution, medium is fine.   It does
>seem to be related to the amount of time the monitor has been on, the longer
>on the more jitter.

I've been having this problem with my 520ST for years.  It seems to be heat
sensitive, and it is most likely in the ST itself rather than in the monitor.

I hardly ever use low-res so I don't notice it much, but the last time I
saw it, I accidently noticed that it went away (for a while) by turning on
and off the ST power.  Can't say this will work again or not.
.

--
- John Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- logajan@ns.network.com, john@logajan.mn.org, 612-424-4888, Fax 424-2853

WILSOPR@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (08/06/90)

Well at least now I know that I am not the only one who has a low res
problem.

Does anyone know why it would effect the low and not the medium resolution?

Is there much different in the output of the med and low res signals?

Thanks
Paul Wilson