[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Using Macro files with Uniterm

rcte2p@jetson.uh.edu ( ) (08/07/90)

I have a question regarding using Uniterm and macro set up?  First, how do you
get uniterm to load in the macro file.  Secondly, what is the name for the auto
load macro (uniterm.mac)?  The documentation is not clear about using the
macro's, just on the macro commands...

Thanks

--

  -----------------------------------------  "The greater an individual's power
  *  Paul Sears    University of Houston  *   over others, the greater the evil

In article <6728.26bd7731@jetson.uh.edu> rcte2p@jetson.uh.edu ( ) writes:
>I have a question regarding using Uniterm and macro set up?  First, how do you
>get uniterm to load in the macro file.  Secondly, what is the name for the auto
>load macro (uniterm.mac)?  The documentation is not clear about using the
>macro's, just on the macro commands...

I had some trouble with this stuff too, but I've gotten it figured out now.

First, you can use any name you want for the auto load macro file; you set
the name in one of the option menus and then "save setup".
(Sorry, my ST is packed in boxes right now so I can't say exactly which menu
to look for.)

There is what I'd call a bug in the auto-dialer, (or at the very least a
misfeature!) in that it looks for macro files in the current working directory,
instead of the startup directory. Thus, if you change paths after invoking
Uniterm, your dialer macro files won't get invoked when you dial a host. I
got around this problem by setting up function keys to invoke programs. First
  %copy($C,1) to save the current path into variable 1, then set the path, then
invoke an external program, then reset $C to $1. I have one function key that
saves the path, puts up a selector for the program to invoke, then invokes
the program and restores the path.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (08/08/90)

In article <1990Aug6.230915.11833@math.lsa.umich.edu>, hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
> In article <6728.26bd7731@jetson.uh.edu> rcte2p@jetson.uh.edu ( ) writes:
>>I have a question regarding using Uniterm and macro set up?  First, how do you
>>get uniterm to load in the macro file.  Secondly, what is the name for the auto
>>load macro (uniterm.mac)?  The documentation is not clear about using the
>>macro's, just on the macro commands...
>
> I had some trouble with this stuff too, but I've gotten it figured out now.
>
> First, you can use any name you want for the auto load macro file; you set
> the name in one of the option menus and then "save setup".
> (Sorry, my ST is packed in boxes right now so I can't say exactly which menu
> to look for.)

Its under Settings on the menu bar, Terminal 2. It asks for a name for the
auto-start macro.

On another note, I would love to have a copy of the Uniterm manual, but I can't
get TeX to work. If anybody could send me a postscript file of it I would
really appreciate it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ryan 'Gozar' Collins ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            o__)\			     rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
           /     )			      RC1DSANU@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
          /     /  ____                       R.COLLINS1  (On GEnie)
         /(____/__(_) o)_/
                      /)			[ || ]   Atari Computers,
      "There is no Substitute."                 [ || ]    They're not just
 Vs lbh pna ernq guvf, lbh'er geniryvat        // || \\   for breakfast
            gbb pybfr!                        //  ||  \\  anymore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Yea, right, thats what I said.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gray@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (08/09/90)

   I have another question regarding using Uniterm. I have a number of
"Unifont" files which I believe are for use with Uniterm (but, as ever, I may
be mistaken). If I'm not mistaken in my belief, can anyone enlighten me as to
how these font files are used with Uniterm?

Molto gracie.

--
Cheers,

Graham
======

Graham Higgins             	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Hewlett-Packard Labs    	|  gray@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gray@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Disclaimer: My opinions above are exactly that, mine and opinions.