[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Write only devices.

D.C.Halliday@newcastle.ac.uk (D.C. Halliday) (08/30/90)

In article <4c7e74bb.20b6d@apollo.HP.COM> rehrauer@apollo.HP.COM (Steve Rehrauer) writes:
>In article <KENTD.90Aug28084700@zappa.FtCollins.NCR.com> kentd@FtCollins.NCR.com (Kent.Dalton) writes:
>>> The 410 is a WRITE ONLY device...
>>
>>You are wrong. It can be read and written to.
>
>Sayeth Foghorn Leghorn: "Thass a joke, son!"  Actually, I think the 410
>qualified as the first "write once, read-many" device, as in, "read many
>times to (maybe, eventually) retrieve what you wrote once."
>
>> It'd be worthless otherwise!
>
>It WAS all but worthless.

Our  electonics  department  here invented the worlds first WOM (Write
only memory.) Got all the way to manufacture then at  testing  someone
noticed  they  had  forgot  to  connect  the  readlines on the silicon
design. Now thats a write only device that was truly pointless.

Perhaps we are loosing the ...tec side of this disscussion.

Dave Halliday
(D.C.Halliday@newcastle.ac.uk)