[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] How do I connect an Amiga monitor to an ST?

timcc@csv.viccol.edu.au (Tim Cook) (09/01/90)

I remember someone posted instructions for connecting an Amiga monitor to
an ST last year.  I can't find the posting in my archives, so is there
anyone out there who has a copy, or knows what the setup is?
--
Tim Cook     Systems Administrator, Victoria College Computer Services

parrot - n.  An animal that has the ability to imitate man, but not the
             intelligence to refrain from doing so.

techno@zelator.UUCP (Frank Dahncke) (09/03/90)

timcc@csv.viccol.edu.au (Tim Cook) writes:

>I remember someone posted instructions for connecting an Amiga monitor to
>an ST last year.  I can't find the posting in my archives, so is there
>anyone out there who has a copy, or knows what the setup is?

Ah, but there is a simple solution: you need a ATARI-to-SCART adaptor cable.
If you can't buy one at your local computer dealer, just buy normal SCART
cable (as used for VHS tape-to-tape copy) and an ATARI monitor connector.
I don't have the pin connections at hand at the moment, but I'm sure you
can look them up in the relevant technical literature.

                        Hope this helps,

                                  Techno

--
| techno@zelator.UUCP   |||    Please do not e-mail from outside Germany ! |
| techno@lime.UUCP     / | \   Hardcore ST user !   ====================== |

ripley@netmbx.UUCP (Hans-Ch. Eckert) (09/04/90)

In article <707@zelator.UUCP> techno@zelator.UUCP (Frank Dahncke) writes:
]timcc@csv.viccol.edu.au (Tim Cook) writes:
	[How to connect an Amiga-monitor to my ST?]

]Ah, but there is a simple solution: you need a ATARI-to-SCART adaptor cable.
Only that the newer versions of the Amiga-monitor don't have a
SCART-port anymore :-(
I got a special cable for my 1084 and have no trouble so far.
As I had to get a cable anyway, it wasn't much a difference...

Greetings,
				RIPLEY

--
Hans-Ch.Eckert, Regensburger Str. 2, D-1000 Berlin 30 [Tel: +49 030/246292]
eMail: ripley@netmbx.uucp (ripley%netmbx.uucp@db0tui6.bitnet [saves $$$])