[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Tear off menus

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (09/20/90)

	Has anyone seen tear off menus on the Mac?  They look really
neato.  I'd like to implement those under GEM but I don't know how to
do it.  Anyone with any ideas?

	Just to be silly, I'd try to put a graphic block under the torn
menu so that when the mouse moves over the torn menu title, they see a
little clip that looks like a torn piece of paper or something.  Wouldn't
that be cool? :-)

	I know what you're thinking:  'Somebody has too much spare time.'
Well, it ain't me because if I did I'd be trying to figure this out myself
without asking for advice.

	Thanks for any input.

--
John Schmitt
johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu (09/20/90)

In article <26F83D3E.13220@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca>, johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) writes:

> 	Has anyone seen tear off menus on the Mac?  They look really
> neato.  I'd like to implement those under GEM but I don't know how to
> do it.  Anyone with any ideas?

John,
   I haven't seen tear off menus on the Mac, but I do know of a set of software
routines which enable mobile menus on the ST.  It was produced within the last
year or two.  I found it on GEnie.  I can check my disk archives to see whether
I've got a copy of the archive file and then submit it to the atari.archive
server.

   The demo had menus which could be moved around the screen, and appeared to
work quite similarly to the regular menu-bar.  (It also allowed various colors
in the menu...)  All this is from memory, as I haven't had a chance to use the
routines since I downloaded them.

--

David Paschall-Zimbel		davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu