[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Help with ICD Advantage-rtc

killer@niksula.hut.fi (Kalle Kivimaa) (09/21/90)

The subject says it all.  I would like to know how to read Advantage's
real time clock from Minix (ST).  How can it be done?

hojo@cbnewsl.att.com (HC Johnson) (09/29/90)

In article <KILLER.90Sep21151757@conan.hut.fi>, killer@niksula.hut.fi (Kalle Kivimaa) writes:

> The subject says it all.  I would like to know how to read Advantage's
> real time clock from Minix (ST).  How can it be done?

The upgrade for MINIX 1.5.10 includes the code I originally added to read
the several different clocks found on HD interfaces.  All are the same
clock chip, just at different SCSI addresses and read funnies.
Supported are/were:  BMS-100; BMS-200 Supra and ICD.  Unless ICD changed
it it should be there.  What I did was disassemble there clock read program
(the one that sets the Atari clock) and then stick in a .s program that
actually reads the clock into the MINIX kernel.

Howard Johnson
ATT BELL LABS
att!lzsc!hcj
hcj@lzsc.att.com