[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Supra drive controller

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (10/04/90)

I'm using a SupraDrive, probably a fairly early one. I don't see any
evidence of a clock in there - does anyone know if _all_ Supra drive
controllers had clocks, or perhaps mine is pre-clock era?
#  Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill   #
#  Microware Systems Corporation  ---  OS-9: Seven generations beyond __/_!!   #
#######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!#######

In article <1712@mwca.UUCP> bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
>I'm using a SupraDrive, probably a fairly early one. I don't see any
>evidence of a clock in there - does anyone know if _all_ Supra drive
>controllers had clocks, or perhaps mine is pre-clock era?

Probably pre-clock era. (And remember, it's a SCSI host adapter, which
translates from Atari DMA (ACSI, Atari Computer System Interface) to
SCSI, (Small Computer System Interface) not a disk controller... (love
those nested parens...))

I had an old one, which I accidentally burned out, sent back to Supra
for a replacement, and got one of the new ones with the clock in it.
(For a small fee, of course.) I liked the old one better, it would let
me use the floppy drive with the hard drive powered off.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip