[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] GDOS fonts without GDOS, under Laser C

jjung@aludra.usc.edu (Robert Jung) (10/02/90)

A while ago, someone posted a short Turbo C program to this group on "how to
use GDOS fonts without having GDOS loaded". Well, I can't get that program to
work under Laser C; I suspect Turbo is using some font definition structure
I don't know about.

Has anyone managed to get this program to work under Laser C? Or some other
ST C platform that uses more conventional structures? Any information (or
actual source code  B-) would be appreciated.

                                                --R.J.
                                                B-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    # ## #		Send replies to jjung@nunki.usc.edu
    # ## #
   ## ## ##		I wrote this. If you've got a comment, give
####  ##  ####		it to me and let's cut out the middleman.

AlexK@tharr.UUCP (Alex Kiernan) (10/05/90)

In article <12287@chaph.usc.edu> jjung@aludra.usc.edu (Robert Jung) writes:
>A while ago, someone posted a short Turbo C program to this group on "how to
>use GDOS fonts without having GDOS loaded". Well, I can't get that program to
>work under Laser C; I suspect Turbo is using some font definition structure
>I don't know about.

I got it working under Lattice C 5, err... some hacking around with the
names so that they were right for Lattice (i.e. like thos used by
everyone else), other than that no particular problems. I think the
font structure is just the normal GDOS font one (sorry I can't check
all this stuff is away in the office :-( )

Alex.