[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Opus and line 31 meta.sys in assign.sys

martins@resrch.molienergy.bc.ca (Martin Siebert) (11/09/90)

Hai, recently I pulled Opus2.2 of the archive server. Installed it
as desribed. Everything works fine, except when I want to save or print
the graphs. The error I get is :

            Error opening Meta File Work Station
            makesure GEMSYS disk is in place.

Well here I am lost. My assign.sys file does include line 31

            31 meta.sys    ; Meta File

All my printer drivers and screen drivers I got from WORD UP
and behave normally. So wat is wrong. And how does this Meta File business
work anyway.

Thanks in advance

Martin Siebert

Advanced Energy Technologies inc.   Lithium rechargeables batteries are our
                                    busine$$.
martins@molienergy.bc.ca

--
Martin Siebert
martins@molienergy.ba.ca

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (11/09/90)

In article <1990Nov8.201123.7844@resrch.molienergy.bc.ca> martins@resrch.molienergy.bc.ca (Martin Siebert) writes:
>Hai, recently I pulled Opus2.2 of the archive server. Installed it
>as desribed. Everything works fine, except when I want to save or print
>the graphs. The error I get is :
>
>            Error opening Meta File Work Station
>            makesure GEMSYS disk is in place.
>
>Well here I am lost. My assign.sys file does include line 31
>
>            31 meta.sys    ; Meta File

	Try changing that to:

	31r meta.sys    ; Meta File
	  ^
	  this "r" seems to be important
>[...]

	I wrote a program that wrote out metafiles, and I needed put the
magic letter there.  But I notice that some programs (Pagestream 1.8) do
not need it there.  How do they do it?  My program crashes big time if I
leave it this way and try to write something out to a metafile.

--
John Schmitt
johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

tdrga@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Todd Drga) (11/12/90)

Could someone mail or post an concise explanation of the assign.sys file...
I am trying to get Opus to work, but for some reason it won't find my fonts
in the folder listed in my PATH=.

Could the problem be the fonts?  A description of a standard GDOS font would
also be helpful, as I have no idea if I have standard fonts (They are from
atari.archive, DVIFONTS and other collections of fonts, I think)

Is there a collection of genuine GDOS fonts anywhere?

As you can tell, I'm just starting to fool around with fonts and GDOS, and
have found no sources of information on how all of it works.

Thanks

=  INTERNET-> tdrga@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu   (Todd Drga, UT Dept. of Drama)      =
= ' You're still beautiful baby / Nobody can take that away...               =
=      You're still beautiful baby / Baby, don't believe what you see... '   =
=                                     _You're Still Beautiful_, The Church   =