[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] pfx, packer: HOW does it work?

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com (11/11/90)

RE: the following file:

Archive-name: pfx
[The documentation is in German.  This program packs executables, like a
 few other programs posted here earlier.  Its claim to fame is that the
 packed executables are unpackable with LHArc. -sg]

-------
HOW does it work?!  I can't figure it out.  ARgg...

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com

carlos@stretch.cs.mun.ca (Carlos Borges) (11/12/90)

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com writes:

>RE: the following file:
>Archive-name: pfx
>[The documentation is in German.  This program packs executables, like a
> few other programs posted here earlier.  Its claim to fame is that the
> packed executables are unpackable with LHArc. -sg]
>-------
>HOW does it work?!  I can't figure it out.  ARgg...

Double-click on pft.ttp, and type in: <Original filename>[Space]<New packed
filename>.  You can unpack with LHarc just as if it were a .lzh file.

Also, if the packed file is larger than the original file, it will not be
written.

This is one of the best packers I've seen.  Much faster than Pack-Ice.
--
Carlos (Miguel) Borges       |    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
carlos@stretch.cs.mun.ca     |     Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"