[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] I WANT SPICE.....

d88pt@efd.lth.se (Peter Tomaszewski) (10/15/90)

Hi,

Is there a version of the famous SPICE program for AtariSt?
If not, is there a simular program?

Thanks.........

Peter

 Peter Tomaszewski  | EMail: d88pt@efd.lth.se |
 Kamnarsvagen 2:174 |                         |
 22245 Lund         |                         |
 SWEDEN             |                         |

lsh1@ra.MsState.Edu (Shane Hebert) (11/06/90)

In <1990Oct15.115417.29032@lth.se> d88pt@efd.lth.se (Peter Tomaszewski) writes:

>Hi,

>Is there a version of the famous SPICE program for AtariSt?
>If not, is there a simular program?

>Thanks.........

>Peter

I would also like to know if there is such a beast.....

Shane Hebert
lsh1@ra.msstate.edu

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (11/07/90)

In article <lsh1.657849183@ra> lsh1@ra.MsState.Edu (Shane Hebert) writes:
>In <1990Oct15.115417.29032@lth.se> d88pt@efd.lth.se (Peter Tomaszewski) writes:
>

>>Is there a version of the famous SPICE program for AtariSt?
>>If not, is there a simular program?
>
>I would also like to know if there is such a beast.....

Something like this  *does*  exist, and dates back a couple of years.
I seem to recall that the file had "cap" in it's name,
for "Circuit Analysis Program", but I am not sure about this.

techno@lime.in-berlin.de (Frank Dahnke) (11/08/90)

I am in the posession of a freeware Turbo SPICE, written in the US.
Unfortunatly, even the .zoo file is over 400K long, and the cost
of mailing from Germany is prohibitive. Maybe someone in the US can
help.

By the way, this version works fine.

                           Techno

PLEASE DO *NOT* MAIL ME !!!

--
| techno@zelator.UUCP   |||    Please do not e-mail from outside Germany ! |
| techno@lime.UUCP     / | \   Hardcore ST user !   ====================== |

gjh@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (11/08/90)

++    I am in the posession of a freeware Turbo SPICE, written in the US.
++    Unfortunatly, even the .zoo file is over 400K long, and the cost
++    of mailing from Germany is prohibitive. Maybe someone in the US can
++    help.
++
++    By the way, this version works fine.
++
++ 			      Techno
++
++    PLEASE DO *NOT* MAIL ME !!!

If you post your address, perhaps one of your fellow Deutschlanders with usenet
access could Bundespost you a disk and then post it to usenet. ??? If not,
I'll send you a disk and return postage.

Cheers,

Gray
====

stigvi@Siri.Unit.NO (Stig Vidar Hovland) (11/09/90)

You can buy SPICE with GEM interface for DM348,- at:
CAE SYSTEME RUFF Dipl.-Ing.
Tel.07307-24187
Fax.07307-23209
D-7910 Neu-Ulm Pf.1942
Germany

Stig Vidar Hovland stigvi@lise.unit.no

sytang@boulder.ColoState.EDU (Shoou-yu tang) (11/09/90)

 Hello:
 How about put it on one of anonymous FTP sites near you, then someone else
can FTP it and put it on the atari-archiver in US.
                     Tang
                     sytang@lamar.colostate.edu

lsh1@ra.MsState.Edu (Shane Hebert) (11/09/90)

In <IJ5KOHG@lime.in-berlin.de> techno@lime.in-berlin.de (Frank Dahnke) writes:

>I am in the posession of a freeware Turbo SPICE, written in the US.
>Unfortunatly, even the .zoo file is over 400K long, and the cost
>of mailing from Germany is prohibitive. Maybe someone in the US can
>help.

>By the way, this version works fine.

>                           Techno

>PLEASE DO *NOT* MAIL ME !!!

Has anyone heard of this program?

Thanks for the info, Techno!

Shane Hebert
lsh1@ra.msstate.edu

ericco@ssl.berkeley.edu (Eric C. Olson) (11/10/90)

I just noticed in another newsgroup that a PD version of SPICE is
available.  I suspect that it is a unix version (can you say port?).

--
Eric
ericco@ssl.berkeley.edu

chen@digital.sps.mot.com (Jinfu Chen) (11/10/90)

> Send mail to "spice@ic.berkeley.edu" with your queries. the source
> is available by ftp after you sign some forms which are also
> available by e-mail...

Source codes of SPICE2/3 are not hard to obtain. Besides from Berkeley
directly, I believe long time ago someone uploaded it (SPICE2) to Genie. The
problem is to port it under TOS. I wouldn't take this as a hobby at home
(maybe some FORTRAN and ST guru will :-).

stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) (11/10/90)

In article <4de8c539.12c9a@digital.sps.mot.com> chen@digital.sps.mot.com (Jinfu Chen) writes:
>Source codes of SPICE2/3 are not hard to obtain. Besides from Berkeley
>directly, I believe long time ago someone uploaded it (SPICE2) to Genie. The
>problem is to port it under TOS. I wouldn't take this as a hobby at home
>(maybe some FORTRAN and ST guru will :-).

Foruntately, spice3 is in C.  I don't imagine it should be _too_ bad on
a compiler with a nice floating point library...  But what do _I_ know
about porting long scientific programs?

		--Steve

--
Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |

kentd@FtCollins.NCR.com (Kent.Dalton) (11/10/90)

>Source codes of SPICE2/3 are not hard to obtain. Besides from Berkeley
>directly, I believe long time ago someone uploaded it (SPICE2) to Genie. The
>problem is to port it under TOS. I wouldn't take this as a hobby at home
>(maybe some FORTRAN and ST guru will :-).

SPICE3 is the C version and has hooks for the IBM PC built in to it. So
maybe it wouldn't be too painful to port.

/* Kent Dalton                     * EMail: Kent.Dalton@FtCollins.NCR.COM */
/* NCR Microelectronics            *   CIS: 72320,3306                    */
/* 2001 Danfield Ct. MS470A        *                                      */
/* Fort Collins, Colorado 80525    * "This mind intentionally left blank" */
/* (303)223-5100 X-319             *    All standard disclaimers apply    */

techno@lime.in-berlin.de (Frank Dahnke) (11/11/90)

sytang@boulder.ColoState.EDU (Shoou-yu tang) writes:

> Hello:
> How about put it on one of anonymous FTP sites near you, then someone else
>can FTP it and put it on the atari-archiver in US.

If anyone knows of a FTP site inside Berlin, Germany then please tell me.
I, myself, have no access to FTP.

                              Techno

--

teege@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Gunnar Teege) (11/12/90)

In article <1990Nov7.140519.22593@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
> >>Is there a version of the famous SPICE program for AtariSt?
> Something like this  *does*  exist, and dates back a couple of years.
> I seem to recall that the file had "cap" in it's name,
> for "Circuit Analysis Program", but I am not sure about this.
It was simply called CAP and was posted in comp.sys.atari.st in 1987,
but I think some files were truncated and no repost arrived at our site
since then. It was posted by maccarle@ed.ecn.purdue.edu. I think the
address of the author was Peter_VerBruggen.HENR801c@Xerox.com. But I
don't know whether those addresses are still valid.

Gunnar Teege   Inst. fuer Informatik, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
               PO-Box 202420, 8000 Muenchen 2, Germany
teege@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de        +49 89 2105 8179
teege%lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de@{unido.uucp,relay.cs.net,unido.bitnet}

sytang@boulder.ColoState.EDU (Shoou-yu tang) (11/13/90)

 In reply for FTP sites in Germany, here is some but can't tell which is
in Berlin so here goes:
cs.uni_sb.de
faui43.informatik.uni_erlangen.de
ifi.informatik.uni_stuttgart.de (also rusmv1.rus and rusmv8.rus.uni_st...)
iraunl.ira.uka.de
sun1.ruf.uni_freiburg.de
titania.mathematik.uni_ulm.de
unido.informatik.uni_dortmund.de
uvax.rrz.uni_koeln.de
               Tang

lsh1@ra.MsState.Edu (Shane Hebert) (11/13/90)

In <11126@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> sytang@boulder.ColoState.EDU (Shoou-yu tang) writes:

> In reply for FTP sites in Germany, here is some but can't tell which is
>in Berlin so here goes:
>cs.uni_sb.de
>faui43.informatik.uni_erlangen.de
>ifi.informatik.uni_stuttgart.de (also rusmv1.rus and rusmv8.rus.uni_st...)
>iraunl.ira.uka.de
>sun1.ruf.uni_freiburg.de
>titania.mathematik.uni_ulm.de
>unido.informatik.uni_dortmund.de
>uvax.rrz.uni_koeln.de
>               Tang

If this is a repeat, sorry, I don't know if the other was posted properly.

When you post it, please let me know where you posted it.

Thanks,
Shane Hebert
lsh1@ra.msstate.edu