[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Argh. Not again.

entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov16.073620.8796@agate.berkeley.edu> kawakami@volcano.Berkeley.EDU (John Kawakami) writes:
>Ok everyone, repeat after me:
>
>All hail the Mac resource forks
>All hail the Mac resource forks
>All hail the Mac resource forks

OK!

All hail the Mac resource forks
All hail the Mac resource forks
All hail the Mac resource forks

Never before has there been a better way to spread viruses around!
Yay!

Why are you posting this crap in comp.sys.ATARI.st.tech?

Go away.

--
  | | |   entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu
  | | |   ncastellano@{eagle.wesleyan.edu, wesleyan.bitnet}
 /  |  \  Sinkhole!dEADHEAd[@mast.citadel.moundst.mn.org] (call 203-873-8518)
/   |   \ Boycott Lotus, Apple, Ashton-Tate, and Xerox!  Join the LPF!

andrew@cs.utk.edu (Andrew Krzywdzinski) (11/17/90)

Everybody hold your horses. I seemed to have (unintentionally) started
another virus discussion (but I was suckered into it, you see).
I like to torture my ST with interesting projects (and isn't this a
perfect machine for such a purpose ?). In particular, I was trying
to think of a way to write a demo program which, by a simple bit
toggle in the executable (once some kind of password is entered),
becomes a fully-functional program. Of course an external data
file would do as well, but I know how to do that already...
Anyway, I have absolutely no interest in viruses, except possibly
how to get rid of one once I have it. There.

Since I'm posting this, I might as well ask a few more questions.

1) What's the deal with the mouse display ? It seems that when I call
   graf_mous (or whatever the name of the AES routine is) to turn
   the mouse on several times, the levels get nested, and the mouse
   display becomes very queer (i.e. leaves a trace, or sometimes
   disappears, etc.). Is there a way (short of installing my own
   mouse handler) to tell on which 'display level' the mouse is, and
   to set it straight ?

2) In dialog boxes: if there are several editable fields, is there
   a way to specify in which field the cursor should be ?
   Is this a random process, or does the cursor default to the top
   field ?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

-andrew krzywdzinski  (andrew@cs.utk.edu)