[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] uniterm 2.0e and ALT-D

rfpfeile@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ron Pfeifle) (11/15/90)

Have you ever pressed <ALT>-D in Uniterm?  It drops DTR to the modem.
However, pressing it again *doesn't* reset it.  What's the magic key
that resets DTR again?

Ron

R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com (11/19/90)

In article: <1990Nov15.153252.11351@watcgl.waterloo.edu>
	rfpfeile@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ron Pfeifle) asks...
>Have you ever pressed <ALT>-D in Uniterm?  It drops DTR to the modem.
No, prior to this I have never pressed <ALT>-D. Interesting.
>However, pressing it again *doesn't* reset it.  What's the magic key
>that resets DTR again?
I trust Simon must have documented something about this in his manual,
however just playing arround I find that <ALT>-L  (long break with DTR off)
can be used to restore DTR. There probably is another key that just restores
DTR by itself, but right now I don't know what it might be.  <ALT>-L is
good enough though.

                                        R. Tim Coslet

Usenet: R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com
BIX:    r.tim_coslet

entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) (11/19/90)

In article <1990Nov15.153252.11351@watcgl.waterloo.edu> rfpfeile@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ron Pfeifle) writes:
>Have you ever pressed <ALT>-D in Uniterm?  It drops DTR to the modem.
>However, pressing it again *doesn't* reset it.  What's the magic key
>that resets DTR again?

The DTR should be automatically reset.  Alt-D drops DTR only temporarily.
--
  | | |   entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu
  | | |   ncastellano@{eagle.wesleyan.edu, wesleyan.bitnet}
 /  |  \  Sinkhole!dEADHEAd[@mast.citadel.moundst.mn.org] (call 203-873-8518)
/   |   \ Boycott Lotus, Apple, Ashton-Tate, and Xerox!  Join the LPF!

arktik@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Ryan Daum) (11/22/90)

rfpfeile@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ron Pfeifle) writes:

> Have you ever pressed <ALT>-D in Uniterm?  It drops DTR to the modem.
> However, pressing it again *doesn't* reset it.  What's the magic key
> that resets DTR again?
>
> Ron

 Try ALT-L -- It drops the DTR then waits a while and brings it back up
again...

 //\\...Liberty...Equality...Fraternity...Atarity...\  |||  All opinions,
 [=FoReM-Net:Arktik=Patriot=@=Node=171=The Outland==] herein are always
 [=UUCP:ersys!arktik@nro.cs.athabasca.ca============] true, as I am