[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] OVERSCAN.PRG for STe?

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (12/02/90)

To Stefan Hartmann and Carsten Isakovic or anyone who has an answer
to my question:

Do you have a version of Overscan that works with the STe?  I'm
interested in the software since I have a multisync.  Thanks.

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

ki@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Karsten Isakovic) (12/03/90)

In article <1990Dec02.050348.2002@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>To Stefan Hartmann and Carsten Isakovic or anyone who has an answer
>to my question:
>
>Do you have a version of Overscan that works with the STe?  I'm
>interested in the software since I have a multisync.  Thanks.

Hello Ed,

On the STe the modified DE-signal resides only *inside* a chip. So there is
no chance for an STe / TT / MEGA-STe OverScan :-(

But i have some other good news : The english manual's / master disc is ready!
The first 100 pieces are send to GB on monday. In germany we have sold
about 2100 overscan hardwares. Up to now we have done absolut NO advertising!
It realy sells without :-)  The first 'english' review is in the 'ST-World',
i haven't yet seen the article, but our british distributor was very happy
about it. We also got french and italian distributors, i hope USA, Canada
and Australia will follow...

Greetings, Karsten

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (12/04/90)

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>To Stefan Hartmann and Carsten Isakovic or anyone who has an answer
>to my question:
>Do you have a version of Overscan that works with the STe?  I'm
>interested in the software since I have a multisync.  Thanks.

Overscan can't work on an STe because the signals that Overscan uses
are not available outside the display chip.  You'd have to go in with a
microscope and some REALLY SMALL tweezers and wire.

gjh@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (12/05/90)

++   Overscan can't work on an STe because the signals that Overscan uses
++   are not available outside the display chip.  You'd have to go in with a
++   microscope and some REALLY SMALL tweezers and wire.

I wouldn't underestimate the ingenuity of German engineering, ceramic is
pretty transparent to RF! :-)

Cheers

Graham
======

Graham Higgins             	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Hewlett-Packard Labs    	|  gjh%ghiggins@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gjh%ghiggins@hplb.hpl.hp.com
U.K.                          	|
Disclaimer: My opinions above are exactly that, mine and opinions.

adamd@rhi.hi.is (Adam David) (12/10/90)

In <2297@troll.opal.cs.tu-berlin.de> ki@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de
(Karsten Isakovic) writes:

>On the STe the modified DE-signal resides only *inside* a chip. So there is
>no chance for an STe / TT / MEGA-STe OverScan :-(

I think the german ST technicians are resourceful enough to overcome this one.
Why not just remove the video chip and replace it with a board which provides
same functionality and some extra resolution / colours / etc.
It might take a little longer but it can be done, wait and see.

Adam David.   adamd@rhi.hi.is

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (12/10/90)

adamd@rhi.hi.is (Adam David) writes:

- Why not just remove the video chip and replace it with a board
- which provides same functionality and some extra resolution /
- colours / etc.

Hmmm, I like that idea!

Just don't charge an arm and a leg. ;^)