[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Multisync -- Panasync

Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) (12/10/90)

I saw a message posted here on c.s.a.st.tech that meantioned that a PanaSync
monitor does not work with an Atari ST...or cannot be made to work.. Is this
correct.. The prices I have seen for these monitors definately seems to be
right.....
                    ......Yonderboy@cup.portal.com

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (12/10/90)

In article <36735@cup.portal.com> Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) writes:
>I saw a message posted here on c.s.a.st.tech that meantioned that a PanaSync
>monitor does not work with an Atari ST...or cannot be made to work.. Is this
>correct.. The prices I have seen for these monitors definately seems to be
>right.....

Unless someone shows me a Panasync working on an ST or tells me of one working
on an ST, I will believe that it does not.  It doesn't sync low enough to
work in the color modes.  This is the 1381.  The 1391 may be a different story.
I didn't think that it had analog input, which is required for it to work on
the ST, but Keith Gerdes mentioned that it's cable can detect digital or
analog; I'm not quite sure -- perhaps he can explain it to us.  Keith?

BTW, I'm using an NEC 3D.

--
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0