[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] No-Slot Clock chip in a ST?

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (11/29/90)

Has anyone thought about using one of those no-slot clocks in a ST? I just
got the JDR Microdevices catalog, and it has these for $30. It says it
works in the Apple IIs, IBMs, and any computer with a 28 pin ROM, which the
ST has. Does anyone think this could work?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ryan 'Gozar' Collins ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            o__)\			     rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
           /     )			      RC1DSANU@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
          /     /  ____                       R.COLLINS1  (On GEnie)
         /(____/__(_) o)_/
                      /)			[ || ]   Atari Computers,
      "There is no Substitute."                 [ || ]    They're not just
 Vs lbh pna ernq guvf, lbh'er geniryvat        // || \\   for breakfast
            gbb pybfr!                        //  ||  \\  anymore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Yea, right, thats what I said.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

henk@spex1.uucp (Henk van der Griendt) (11/30/90)

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) writes:

>Has anyone thought about using one of those no-slot clocks in a ST? I just
>got the JDR Microdevices catalog, and it has these for $30. It says it
>works in the Apple IIs, IBMs, and any computer with a 28 pin ROM, which the
>ST has. Does anyone think this could work?

I have one in my 520ST. The computer broke (the drives do not work), but
the clock was OK for some time and it is probably.
It worked just like a MEGA clock and is recognized if you have TOS 1.0
or higher.

It has battery backup, sits under one of the ROMs and has two
connections to the processor chip (done by wires with clips on them).
It seems to be exactly the same clockchip as the MEGA has, so I don't
know if it works in an Apple or IBM as well.

Henk

--
======	Henk van der Griendt			E-mail: henk@spex.nl (internet)
======	Speech Processing EXpertise centre		spex@hlsdnl5.BITNET

woju@mist.sub.org (Wolfgang Jung) (12/01/90)

In <2985.2753ae88@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, Ryan 'Gozar' Collins writes:
-<Has anyone thought about using one of those no-slot clocks in a ST? I just
-<got the JDR Microdevices catalog, and it has these for $30. It says it
-<works in the Apple IIs, IBMs, and any computer with a 28 pin ROM, which the
-<ST has. Does anyone think this could work?

Yes, it will work, but TOS >= 1.2 will never read it(if not patched for it)
therefor you need the Software for this Clock, it is simple do write, but
don't ask me how.

--
Bye,...
Don't trust your eyes. It's just an imagination of your brain !

woju@mist.sub.org
woju@image.in-berlin.de
woju@neon.in-berlin.de

(c) by Wolfgang Jung, Berlin (date look at header !!)

jrf@attcc.UUCP (12/11/90)

 yes you can use a Dallas Semiconductor 1216E clock chip .It works just fine I am at the present using it with a freeware clock program that works real good . It also comes with text on how to install it (the clock prg.) if interested let me know and I will tell you exactly what the name of the prg. is . I think it is clock ver. 2.0 or 3.0

Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) (12/14/90)

I am interested in the no-slot clock program and docs.. Could you post here
what the file name is?  Is it on Panarthea or Terminator?  Thanks..
      ....Yonderboy@cup.portal.com