[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Two Questions

gaudreau@juggler.East.Sun.COM (Joe Gaudreau - Sun BOS Software) (12/11/90)

In article <1990Dec10.211134.7000@zip.eecs.umich.edu> heavy@zip.eecs.umich.edu (Richard Scott Hall) writes:
>I have two questions that I would appreciate help on:
>   1.  A little while ago I heard that some US company was going
>       to be supporting/selling Lattic C v5; is this true?  I really
>       want a copy, should I get it imported, or won't that work?

Try calling Pacific Software Supply at 800-327-0425, I believe it is
now $249.95.  I'm not sure about version # though.

For me, it's a toss-up between this and TurboC - they both cost about the
same.  TurboC doesn't yet have English doc but has the potential to
support C++ sooner or later.

Any more info on either would be appreciated!

Cheers

Joe
-=-

pegram@kira.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) (12/12/90)

From article <1990Dec10.211134.7000@zip.eecs.umich.edu>, by heavy@zip.eecs.umich.edu (Richard Scott Hall):
> I have two questions that I would appreciate help on:
>
>    1.  A little while ago I heard that some US company was going
>        to be supporting/selling Lattic C v5; is this true?  I really
>        want a copy, should I get it imported, or won't that work?

	Try checking out the mail order places, they are importing it
for you, you register directly with Hisoft in Britain though.  I got
mine from Joppa Computers when at the Boston Atari fest this fall,
I've now seen it advertised for less than I paid ($150) someplace else.

> Thanks in advance,

You're welcome, sorry I couldn't help with question #2. 8-)

> Richard Hall
> University of Michigan

ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Hans-Ch. Eckert) (12/16/90)

In article <3584@jaytee.East.Sun.COM> gaudreau@juggler.East.Sun.COM (Joe Gaudreau - Sun BOS Software) writes:

   For me, it's a toss-up between this [Lattice C 5.0] and TurboC - they both
   cost about the same.  TurboC doesn't yet have English doc but has the
   potential to support C++ sooner or later.

Not to mention that for DM 200,- you can get MOOP, a precompiler for Objective
C that produces code for Turbo C (and some others). MOOP exists in two
versions, as a regular program and as an accessory. So you just edit you
Objective-C sourcecode from within the Turbo-C environment and activate the`
precompilation by a few mouseclicks...

Greetings,
				RIPLEY

Disclaimer: I just happen to have a friend who uses Objective C and a ST at
	    work... I didn't have the money to buy it (yet).
--
Greetings from RIPLEY | D-1000 Berlin 30    | ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de
Hans-Christian Eckert | Regensburger Str. 2 | (ripley@tubopal.UUCP)