[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Setting 2000 year date

alex@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com (Alexis MERMET-GRANDFILLES) (01/02/91)

Hi and Happy New Year....

My STE definitively refuses to set its Date to any day
after the 31 december 1999.

I have tryied with either GEMDOS call TSetdate() or BIOS ( or XBIOS? )
call settime() with the proper bit structure.

There is no problem for any date below year 2000,
but it seems impossible for any other date.

Has anybody experienced this problem ?

Alexis.

PS: My TOS release number is 1.62, I have bought my STE 2 months ago.

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (01/05/91)

alex@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com (Alexis MERMET-GRANDFILLES) writes:
>My STE definitively refuses to set its Date to any day
>after the 31 december 1999.

I just tried setting the date to 1/4/2001 on my TT and it works fine.
The code hasn't changed between 1.62 and this version, so I don't know
what to tell you.  Try Tsetdate(0x2a24) -- the return code should be
zero, meaning it succeeded.

If you then try to print the date with a program which is not prepared
to handle the turn of the century, that can cause trouble, but it's not
TOS's fault.