[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Using Compiled Resources w/ Laser

kentd@FtCollins.NCR.com (Kent.Dalton) (01/06/91)

jlf@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Jack L Forester) writes:

>     Since I won't be using rsrc_load() to load the resource, how do I tell
>GEM to initialize my resource.  I've never used resources in this manner
>before.  Essentially, how do I use my resource?  I'm using Laser C Ver 2.?
>and RCP 3.0.  I have created the resource and had RCP create the .C and .H
>files for me.  The only thing in the .C file is a large unsigned char array.

Laser 2.x provides a call to load the array as a resource and then it
can be accessed in the canonical way. I forget the exact name of the
call I think it's something like mrsc_load()... Read the release notes
that came on your original disks that's where it's documented. I have
code which uses this feature if you have problems later.
/* Kent Dalton                     * EMail: Kent.Dalton@FtCollins.NCR.COM */
/* NCR Microelectronics            *   CIS: 72320,3306                    */
/* 2001 Danfield Ct. MS470A        *                                      */
/* Fort Collins, Colorado 80525    * "This mind intentionally left blank" */
/* (303)223-5100 X-319             *    All standard disclaimers apply    */