[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] MiNT 0.7 vs. TT

csbrod@informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod (turo)) (01/08/91)

Can somebody help me out? I'm trying to install MiNT 0.7 on my TT/8.
It starts up, finds its INIT.PRG, but when I try to start up GEM
by typing 'gem', all I get is a bus error from an access to
$FFFFFC21 (used to be the real time clock in the ST, now there's
nothing to access). The crash happens inside TOS at $E1C24.
Since I learn from the MiNT README files that Allan Pratt did
the adaption to the TT and I know that he's listening, I dare
ask if somebody has similar problems or even a solution.

Judging from reactions on other nets here in Germany, other TT
users have the same problem.

Tnx in advance,

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (01/08/91)

csbrod@informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod (turo)) writes:
>[MiNT 0.7] starts up, finds its INIT.PRG, but when I try to start up GEM
>by typing 'gem', all I get is a bus error [...]

Yes, you get a bus error when you try to fire up the Desktop under MiNT.
I don't know why. I never do this, so I didn't analyze it.  If somebody
figures this out, send mail to Eric Smith, not me -- it's his baby.