[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] QuickST II and NEWVDI

gints@prophet.sgi.com (Gints Klimanis) (01/29/91)

Thank you Uwe Reder and Gozar for your notes.

And time for another?  What is NEWVDI?  If I learn more, I will post a
note.  Later.

					-- Gints

Why does a dude with a beautiful Silicon Graphics Personal Iris
workstation still use an Atari?  Something about being a renegade.

uereder@informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Uwe Reder (AKBP WS 1990)) (01/30/91)

gints@prophet.sgi.com (Gints Klimanis) writes:

>And time for another?  What is NEWVDI?  If I learn more, I will post a
>note.  Later.

NEWVDI is a new VDI (compare with its name!) including GDOS. It is written
in 100% assembler. And of this reason it is very fast, expecially with
KAOS-TOS 1.4.
Maybe both is not available in United States. Here in germany NEWVDI is
distributed by BELA.

Bye Uwe

>Why does a dude with a beautiful Silicon Graphics Personal Iris
>workstation still use an Atari?  Something about being a renegade.

Don't be rude!

      Uwe Reder - Kopernikusstr.7 - D8074 Gaimersheim - Tel.: 08458/1239
               e-mail: uereder@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (01/30/91)

uereder@informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Uwe Reder (AKBP WS 1990)) writes:

- NEWVDI is a new VDI (compare with its name!) including GDOS. It is
- written in 100% assembler. And of this reason it is very fast,
- expecially with KAOS-TOS 1.4.

Is NEWVDI compatible with TOS 1.0, 1.2, (Atari) TOS 1.4, TOS 1.6?

Also, how is KAOS-TOS 1.4 distributed?  On disk or chips?  And how
much does it cost?  Just curious....  I've seen references to it
before.

- Maybe both is not available in United States. Here in germany NEWVDI
- is distributed by BELA.

Nope neither of them are available here.  Any enterprising netters
interested in distributing them???  Uwe, how much does it cost?  Is
it a TSR or desk accessory?

Thanks for the info!

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

csbrod@informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod (turo)) (01/30/91)

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:

>Is NEWVDI compatible with TOS 1.0, 1.2, (Atari) TOS 1.4, TOS 1.6?

Yep. It also runs just fine on the TT.

>Also, how is KAOS-TOS 1.4 distributed?  On disk or chips?  And how
>much does it cost?  Just curious....  I've seen references to it
>before.

KAOS 1.4.2 might be distributed later in this year as a list of patches.
This has not been settled down yet.

>Nope neither of them are available here.  Any enterprising netters
>interested in distributing them???  Uwe, how much does it cost?  Is
>it a TSR or desk accessory?

99 DM. TSR.

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de