[comp.sys.atari.st.tech] Dead power supply

km44+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kimble Charles Marshall) (02/04/91)

Hi,
  Well, after a period of strange behavior (turn on switch, hear
squeeking noise and no fan, turn off switch, turn on switch, hear
quieter queeking noise and slow fan speed, flip off and on a few times
and final get the drive and picture to show up), my mega 2 power supply
seems to be completely dead.  Now when I try to turn it on, I get
nothing, no squeeking, no fan, not even a flicker from the power light.
Does anyone know where a good place to get a replacement
from--particularly for less than the local shop will charge to replace
it?

Thanks,
  K.C. Marshall
  km44+@andrew.cmu.edu

Of course it's my opinion.  Who else would want it?

clf3678@isc.rit.edu (C.L. Freemesser) (02/05/91)

In article <4bf41WS00VpJ8oRkVq@andrew.cmu.edu> km44+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kimble Charles Marshall) writes:
>Hi,
>  Well, after a period of strange behavior (turn on switch, hear
>squeeking noise and no fan, turn off switch, turn on switch, hear
>quieter queeking noise and slow fan speed, flip off and on a few times
>and final get the drive and picture to show up), my mega 2 power supply
>seems to be completely dead.  Now when I try to turn it on, I get
>nothing, no squeeking, no fan, not even a flicker from the power light.
>Does anyone know where a good place to get a replacement
>from--particularly for less than the local shop will charge to replace
>it?

Best Electronics sells all sorts of Atari parts.  They also manufacture
some equipment which are better than OEM.  One of these items is a
replacement power supply for the 1040ST/Mega which offers more power and
longer life.  You might try them.

Best Electronics
(408) 243-6950

Chris Freemesser, Rochester Institute of Technology (  THE ACORN BBS
   |||    BITNET: clf3678@ritvax                     ) (716)436-3078
   |||    Usenet: clf3678@ultb.rit.isc.edu          (  2400 baud/42 megs
  / | \   GEnie: C.FREEMESSER                        ) full Atari support